Sign in to follow this  
heroturkey

Winds Alofts are messing my plane

Yeah nowadays I'm trying to fly wit the real world weather but when the simulator redownload the new weather, my plane's speed goes to overspeed like 360 or goes to stall speed like 135. Thats annoying. I can useREX but it spends my computer power

This is unfortunately one of the many 'quirks' of default FSX; when winds aloft change there is no smoothing between the winds, therefore when the winds change, rather than a smooth transition you get shunted one way or another causing your aircraft to become either a missile or a dive bomber.

If you're able to, try using REX again. To keep your performance up set REX to the lowest options you seem fit and switch on the weather/wind smoothing option (It is called something similar). That way you can keep your performance and also have smooth weather transitions.

B)

*Edit - Apologies, I meant to explain that the weather smoothing will gradually change the winds aloft rather than shunt you, solving the problem.

This is unfortunately one of the many 'quirks' of default FSX; when winds aloft change there is no smoothing between the winds, therefore when the winds change, rather than a smooth transition you get shunted one way or another causing your aircraft to become either a missile or a dive bomber.

If you're able to, try using REX again. To keep your performance up set REX to the lowest options you seem fit and switch on the weather/wind smoothing option (It is called something similar). That way you can keep your performance and also have smooth weather transitions.

B)

*Edit - Apologies, I meant to explain that the weather smoothing will gradually change the winds aloft rather than shunt you, solving the problem.

Yeah, I tried REW WX engine today by a long flight such as Netherlands to Istanbul about 1500nm. And I configured WX engine a bit and I saw It smoothed a lot. THere are still wind changes but not as much as default real world weather. Thank you for advicing trying REX