Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

Very very nice New Robin

He guy's,I was making my usual search at the major fs sites and when looking at francesim.com and I came across a very nicely rendered GA plane...ROBIN DR 221 made by Fran

RobdeVries.jpg

thanks for th elink, checking it now although i think i might have to wait till tommorow as it seems very slow.

Looks very good indeed. The Robin planes look kind of funny with their Jodel wing.Is it true that this aircraft was never certified in the US? I could be wrong (and I probably am :) ) but I have a faint memory of having read that somewhere.BTW I got the file @ 400KB/s so I wouldn't call it slow :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest danowat

Thanks for the heads-up, beautifull little plane, the 2D panel is very nice.Needs a heck of a lot of rudder on take-off, still, its a great little plane.Dan.

Guest PhilipsCDRW

The Robin HR100, which didn't use the Jodel wing and was Robin's first metal design, was unsafe in a spin, because recovery was impossible. Later aircraft were able to recover from spins.An interesting feature of the Jodel wing is that in cruise flight the outer wings produce practically no lift, and therefore much reduced drag. That's how the lower-powered DR400 can cruise faster than a PA-38 or C-152 while carrying 4 adults in comfort, but with the same engine as the C152 and PA-38. And that the two men who are Jodel had no training as engineers when they designed it...