Sign in to follow this  
NickN

finding a "marker" in PC registry

1st post on a forum -

should say that I know just enough re: computers to get myself into real trouble, to whit:

I have Windows 7 X 64 O/S and have installed FSX gold edition. when I went to install the acceleration disc, window popped up saying "setup failed to initialize".

I had Acceleration installed once before, but due to my lack of knowledge managed to corrupt FSX  and had to start over.

I am trying to "uninstall" acceleration, have gone through the: Control panel/pgms & features\acceleration\uninstall. it did not completely uninstall it.

then went through reg.edit\find, and deleted any references to acceleration, or fsx acceleration. that evidently did not do it.

When trying to re-install FSX SP2 (it has what I need) I got another window saying that SP2 cannot be installed because "Microsoft Flight Simulator X acceleration is already installed and has SP2 as part of the program.

I'm thinking there is a "marker"(?) in the registry, if there is, I do not know how to find it.

Could use any and all suggestions. 

Bests; NickN

Welcome to AVSIM, Nick !  :smile:

Any chance you could try running the Acceleration installer again to see if it gives you the option to uninstall it that way ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

Brian, thanks for your interest.

I have tried to run the Acceleration Disc installer.

The splash screen opens, but when you click the "Install" another screen comes up saying: "Setup failed to initiate".

There was no option to "uninstall" or "repair"

Bests; Nick N.

Well, that's that's the only idea I had to attempt to remove it normally.

You might try using something like CCleaner to forcibly remove the installation that way, but, should you go that route please take care, and bear in mind that although unlikely, there may be unintended consequences.

I hope you are able to get this sorted.

Regards,

Brian Doney