Sign in to follow this  
airlinerpilot

Direct X10 causing my screen to break up in Fsx?

Hello,

I decided to activate DirectX10 as it gives me loads more fps. But for some reason my screen will have an almost rippling effect. Is there any fix for this? I am running Fsx acceleration. I have tried to change my vsync settings using the Nvidia control panel but no matter what setting I choose the problem still remains. Thanks for reading.

Hi Airliner Pilot.

Short answer.  Yes there is a fix.

Long answer.  There has been a lot posted here on various topics and discussions.  Merely putting a tick in the DX10 Box in FSX can and does cause various problems for various people with various computer setups.

What is happening to your configuration and setup?  Who knows.

So.

What you need to do is read.

You will need to read the guides on how to set up your FSX.CFG file that is found under content here in the main screen of AVSIM.

Then it is up to you from there.  You can...

A.  Download the free DX10 patch here in the avsim library and set that up.  I have no idea how.

or

B.  Download the pay version of the patch which comes with everything you need to get the DX10 mode up and running.  This is what I did with really nice results.  Up to you.

DX10 mode of FSX was never finished by the Aces Team.  Merely checking the DX10 box will give you varied results.

Hopefully this answers your question?

Respectfully,

Jet