Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

ATC gives me the "wrong" runway everytime.

Hello! 

I´m so happy to bought ASN because it´s really the best weather-engine EVER! I just have one strange problem: Everytime i reach the Destination/ Approach, the ATC gives me the wrong runway. Example: I´m looking into the METAR and see that the wind at my Destination ist 250@5 knots, which means that i have to land on runway 25 (EDDG). Suddenly, after i reach the top of descend, the ATC tell me that i have to land on runway 07???!!!! Strange. Of course i´m landing on runway 25, which is right. It seems to me that the ATC didn´t know the right wind direction. 

After that i saw that the point "Auto load simulator flightplan" wasn´t checked, so i decide to set this option to true! Could this fix the Problem? 

I know that the FSX default ATC isn´t the best!

I really hope that you can help me! 

Maurice 

There is only one small problem,

The wind is considered calm until 6 knots, so in this example that you gave, the active runway could be the 07 ! 

So if you see that the wind is less than 6 knots, other things like Mountains, Traffic, Runway conditions, etc will be considered for the choice, not wind.

Aldo