Sign in to follow this  
3-2-1-Now

Cabin Air Data (not ADC)

Hi,

Under what conditions does the data at the bottom of the engine display appear? If I pull up the AIR page for example, I get the data, but I largely disable the lower DU in flight. Is there a particular page I'm supposed to switch to before switching off the display?

Best regards,

Robin.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I assume you talk about the blank area located directly below N1 and the EGT indications on the upper EICAS display. If my old memory is correct there 3 types of information it can show on the area of the screen,

1) CPDLC message from Air traffic control  like this https://www.flickr.com/photos/flyforfun/16331361/in/set-395721

2) the cabin pressurization system information like you rightly said after you bring up the AIR synoptic page. The other occasion when you will see the pressurization system information below the engine indications is if cabin altitude rises above 8500ft, or either or Both the Outflow valves are switched to MAN mode, or the LDG Alt selector know is pulled out. Or if I remember correctly if the DEST or DEPT airport is not defined in the FM, theres a LANDING ALT EICAS msg which will also bring up the cabin pressurization section on the display. 

3) Compact Engine indication which basically shrinks what you would normally see on the lower EICAS display after pulling the ENG page up. ie. N2, Fuel Flow, OIL press etc etc in numeric forms.  

if there's a nor normal engine operation occurs (for example an ENG failure ) and the Secondary ENG indication is displayed automatically on the lower EICAS display, for any other synoptic/CHKL/COMM page you select, you will get the compact secondary eng indications on the upper EICAS display  

if the Lower EICAS display ( i think officially its called Lower MFD ) is failed or unpower and the pilot tries to bring up the ENG page onto the failed lower EICAS screen he/she will get the compact secondary indication on the upper EICAS as well. 

Sorry I have typed the whole only to realize your questions is about the cabin pressurization information. So the rest of the reply are for your information only. 

cheers

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Hi,

No probs. I found it in the manual. You have to display the AIR page to see it, otherwise it only appears automatically if there is a problem, NO LDG alt, or the outflow valves are in MANUAL mode.

I thought it appeared in cruise as well just for information, but it seems not.

Best regards,

Robin.

Yes you are right it doesn't appear in normal cruise for information unless you select the air page unlike the Airbus which had a cruise page showing everything. It's the Boeing philosophy of not showing pilots unnecessary info when things are working normally behind the scene. Cheers