Sign in to follow this  
liquidate

Track IR not detecting 2.2

I've got a clean install of Prepar3D 2.2 (academic license and no mods installed) and Track IR 5.2 with the latest game updates applied.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to get Track IR to recognize P3D.  I've tried starting both apps "as administrator" and starting one before the other.  In all cases, if I look in Track IR the title section is "None." and only one green light on the Track IR camera is on.

I know Track IR is working, as I'm able to start Aerofly FS and tracking is enabled immediately.

Am I missing something here?  Any help appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Were you using track ir with a previous version?  Did you happen to leave the two manifest files disable for example to use with Opus?

Of course, I found the solution right after posting this (and I had been looking for hours :))  Thanks to this thread, the solution was simple.

Like the thread mentioned above, I am also running Win 8.1 (not sure if this is relevant.)  This is a new OS install and FSX or P3D had never been installed.  To resolve this problem I needed to navigate into the \Prepar3D V2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib folder and run the SimConnect.msi installer.  Once installed, I simply launched P3D (no need to run as admin) and it just worked.

Thanks!