I'm offered a computer for a good price and I'm thinking of buying it, but I had a question about the video card.

So far I've only worked with Nvidia cards and I see on the forums always talk about Nvidia, but I was wondering if a Radeon is any good.

The computer I'm looking at has a Radeon HD7850 with 2GB DDR5, does anyone have experience with this card and how does it perform for flightsim?

Cheers!

Maarten

Yes I run that card.  It gives high fps, and looks wonderful but I run with no AA and SMAA instead, and with sweetFX.

However, I can't get any Vsync at all, tried RadeonPro which is purported to give Vsync, but no luck.

My advice - get NVidia, sorry.

Phil

Thanks Phil. I also heard P3D is gonna team up with Nvidia, so also for the future it seems the best choice to get a GeForce for P3D

Cheers!

Maarten