Sign in to follow this  
arvisam

Photoscenery not visible in FSX but looks OK in TMFViewer

Hello!

I have been dealing with photoscenery for many years now, but this one has me stumped.

I have compiled a BGL (LOD=Auto,13) from a BMP source after geo-referencing correctly in the INF. The resultant BGL looks correct (and is in the right place) when viewed in TMFViewer.

However, adding this into the simulator does not seem to load the BGL. Layers and correct, Scenery sub-folder is correct etc. Tried playing with the scenery resolution slider but that also does not have any effect.

Any other things to consider?

Thanks!

Arvind.

Here's a couple of possibilities you make like to test if you are still stumped.

1st step would be to pull out the bgl and restart FSX. FSX should rebuild the scenery library. If it doesn't then your scenery folders aren't setup properly. If it does rebuild then quit FSX and stick the bgl back in because your scenery folders are setup right.

2nd thing is make sure you have all seasons and months covered in your .inf? If you missed April and, well today is in April, then your scenery probably won't display.

www.antsairplanes.com

Thanks for your replies, in the end the issue was as bizarre as I figured: the filename has a comma in it due to which the sim was not loading it. I replaced that and the BGL loaded. Never seen this before :-)