Sign in to follow this  
BobKK47

Can't move A/C to parking area before initiating flight.

I just started using FS Commander for flight planning purposes.

After creating the plan I export it to the FSX flight planner.

When  I load the FS Commander created flight plan (in the FSX flight planner)  my departure airport lists the runway where the plane will be located just prior to taking off.  But I always try to begin my flight at a designated parking area (GA aircraft) not the runway.   

The problem: When I select a parking area,  the "OK" button to initiate the flight is grayed out and I can't click it to save the parking area in the plan, and begin the flight.

There's probably an easy solution to this but I haven't yet figured it out.

Any help appreciated.  Thank you

Bob

Change the plane's start location in the Free Flight screen instead of the FSX flight plan screen. Then when you load the flight plan and it asks you if you want to move the plane, answer No.

Barry Friedman

Thanks Barry, for the response.    I'm still confused here.  If  I select the airport in the free flight screen, and then load the flight plan, and then select, say, "Parking 9" at

KCMA ,after I press "OK", the "OK" button becomes greyed out and I can't get beyond this point.

I think you need to first set the airport and the parking space in the free flight screen. After you do that, then load the flight plan. Do not let the flight planner move the aircraft. That's how usually do it with exported plans from external flight planners.

Barry Friedman

Select Go to airport , pick your starting airport...

One of the drop-downs will have all the airport runways, gates and parking locations in it.. pick the one you want and then OK

After you are positioned at your new location, then load the plan ... but don't select move to new location ....