Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

Ai Troubles

Hey!

I have a B377 Pan American Super Stratocruser that I modified for West AfricanCargo  AI flight, i.e. I want it to fly an AI flight and made the flightplan myself.

Now the aircraft does not want to follow the right course, i.e. it goes from one place to the other, but does never schange direction, only height and speed change according the needs, but not the direction.

I can see that the aircraft in it's aircraft.cfg file has 'autopilot_available=1' and  'flight_director_available=0'. Maybe this latter could be the reason why the aircraft doen never follow the planned directions....

Can somebody explain me why this is, and how to modify things as to have the aircraft flying the right directions....

Greetz

Jive1

Belgium

Change out the air file, as you already did in another forum.

Or you could go to my AI Aircraft page, download the file that includes the B377 Stratocruiser, install into a temporary folder, copy the aib377 folder into your Aircraft folder, and add your West African Cargo livery to it. If you set it up as a High Quality AI aircraft (HQ) as described in the text file, you can use your flyable textures on this AI model. And you have the frame rate advantage of LOD's, as well as better flight dynamics.

Hope this helps,

Hey! Tom,

Thanks for your help!

I did not remeber that some time ago I already downloaded the AI-file with B377, so the problem is solved with the air-file of your B377.

Thank you!

Jive1

If you set it up as a High Quality AI aircraft (HQ) as described in the text file, you can use your flyable textures on this AI model.

Hi Tom,

nice to read about this possibility, thank you! And shame on me that I didn't visit your site so long. I'm looking forward to see the full Everts Air Cargo fleet in AI action.

Regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi Harald,

Unfortunately I do not have the "new DC-6A" model available as an AI aircraft.  You can put the textures onto the HQ AI cargo DC-6B model, but you won't have opening doors.

Hope this helps,

Hi Tom,

thanks, this is no problem, for me the important fact is that they are there and that they still fly.

(NAC never stopped DC-6 operations in my sim, too,)

Best regards!

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg