Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi all,

I am still trying to find what the best monitor is to purchase for a new high end gaming system. I am running the titan black with my intention being the 3 x monitor system. I am confused what resolution to use being the 1080 but more likely the 1440 27 inch. The brands that seem to keep coming up are the Asus / Dell / and Ben Q. Do I need IPS? Is 5MS find for FSX. I nearly bought the 29 inch x 3 but saw picks and appears a little to wide screen for my personnel likes, no offence.

What would you guys recommend, can I go 3 x 27 inch screens at 1440 res with titan black for FSX.

It is a mind field out there!

Thanks

Andrew

What would you guys recommend, can I go 3 x 27 inch screens at 1440 res with titan black for FSX.

I guess 3x1400 is quite a lot even for a Titan.

I would make sure the 27" I get would still look good at below native resolution.

In that case you could always drop the res down but still have that 27" screen area.

gb.

I agree, if you are going for three monitors you need to keep your pixels to an absolute minimum, otherwise you're going to be looking at a slideshow. IMO I would suggest each monitor with no more than a resolution of1920x1200 or 1920x1080. However, if you are not flying in a VC configuration and running your instruments on a separate monitor, then sure, you maybe be able to go for the extra resolution. BTW, running a monitor at a resolution below it's native default, has always returned poor quality results for me. It may be different for some others, this is just own experience.