Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theyorks

OpusFSX Installation conundrum.

I have read the FAQ's, included documentation and several forum posts regarding my problem.

I understand that the Opus Software folder (Lic file) must be installed in the C:/ drive, however, I run a dual boot system

and my Windows 7 / FSX boots direct from drive D:/ from the boot manager.

Drive C:/ is my work drive, and boots under its own Win 7 from the boot manager and contains no flightsim programs.

Given that D:/ is the boot drive for FSX, should the Opus Software folder go there or on C:/ ?

I have it on D:/ and am being told it is in Demo mode.

Thanks for your fantastic program, I just need it to run Unlimited to be a fully satisfied customer.

Cheers

Bob York

1121942-JXYQ8T**

Hi Bob,

The Opus Software licence folder must be installed on the C drive.

The software only looks for its licence file in your c:\Opus Software folder.

The actual OpusFSX software should be installed in its own folder and can of course be installed on any drive (x:\OpusFSX) as indicated in the GS guide.

It shouldn't really matter what drive you boot from just as long as your store the small license file on your C drive. Do this and the program will run in UNLIMITED mode. Should be a very simple process to just locate your Opus Software folder on your C drive.

Stephen :smile:

You should be able to move your Opus Software folder from your D drive across onto your C drive and all should be fine.

Let me know if all is OK or if you need further assistance.

Regards

Stephen :-)

Many thanks for clearing that up.  i have just sent the opus software folder from D:/ to C:/ and it has moved successfully.

i am currently doing work on my C:/ drive so will test the Opus Server as soon as i get a chance to boot up my flightsim drive and will post the results.

thanks again.

Bob York  :lol:

Sorry for the delay in keeping you up to date.  Had a few electrical problems around the house - inverter split system A/C decided to blow up, and affected a couple of power runs.  hopefully all fixed now - except for the new A/C which we need as our (relatively mild) winter sets in.

I did a complete uninstall and registry clean, junk file removal et al and reinstalled OpusFSX as per instructions.

Problem is fixed.  probably got a bit confused originally with the wrapper going to D:/ by default, so thought the install should go there too.

Now just to fix a few other tweaks and I am good to go.

Great customer service - wish you the best of luck in your software dev.

Bob