Sign in to follow this  
fulcrum_64th

Thinking of installing REX

Dear All,

I'm thinking of installing REX on my P3Dv2.2 system. I'm running  nVidia surround 3 screens i.e. 3x1920x1080 , with FTX global , a few add-on airports and the 737 from prosim. I typically get 60 to 30 fps (the lower end reached in bad weather + dusk/dawn type of scenario).

I'm afraid REX might jeopardise my fps: would you recommend it ? i.e are there REX settings that would generate nicer visual than stock texture at same FPS ?

Kind Regards

What REX are you talking about? REX4 or REX HD OD?

Spirit

What REX are you talking about? REX4 or REX HD OD?

Spirit

that would have been my follow up questions. What's the difference ? I'm a bit confused by all the REX offering. I would not be using their weather engine. Just textures. 

Regards

REX4 is the textures only tool and very, very nice. You can use it with any weather tool. I don't have any problems using it together with ASN.

Spirit

REX4 is the better of the two for P3D

It has a HDR option for their textures. Before, HDR use to make everything too dark, though I did like using it but couldn't.

Now with REX4 tones down the textures to compensate.. never looked any better :)