Sign in to follow this  
rfresh737

View keys not working [Solved]

First, let me say I'm coming over from EZdok.

I find Opus to be much more complicated and, as a newbie, I feel pretty lost. I am reading the camera .pdf file.

I created two 3D views so far, a Captain View and an Autopilot View. I've assigned the key 'c' for captain view and 'a' for the other. However, when I press c or a nothing happens. Spy shows the key presses registered ok but my cockpit view does not change.

Also, my joy stick pan button does not pan around in the view (I use the camera dialog to select the captain view) and I can't easily zoom in and out.

I realize I'm asking a lot of questions all at once. My goal is to setup about 6 camera views, set hot keys to show those views and if possible, I'd like the added ability to zoom and pan in each view.

Thanks for any help...

Have you specified the captains view as default and assigned the correct aircraft group to it. Similarly have you associated the correct aircraft group to the autopilot view. Sounds like you are missing something very basic.

You could try importing some views and then playing around with them until you get used to the configuration and interface.

Also make sure you have uninstalled EZCA and used the Restore tool to remove the EZCA definitions. You can also put all the standard FSX key settings back that were removed, that way you will be able to get the hatch switch panning back.

If in doubt you can also just email me your FSXSERVER.CAM file and I will let you know what you have missed.

If your assigned keys are not accepted then the most common cause is,

1. You have used a key that is already assigned a function in the sim.

2. You have not associated that aircraft type with that view.

3. You did not save the view after editing.

Best to go through the step by step guide to creating a VC camera view. Not sure what you mean by panning around the view. In edit mode you should be simply adjusting the eye point using the arrow keys. Always try to stick to using the default zoom levels as mentioned in the LC guide.

Stephen :-)

I would advise deleting the FSXSERVER.CAM file and Importing my supplied 737 camera definitions. Then assigning your own buttons or key sequences to those. That might help to get you started. Again, just remember to hit the Save Cameras button after making any changes and before selecting a different camera view to edit.

Stephen

Yes the captain view is checked as Default and assigned to my 737NGX 800 aircraft.

OK, I will try importing some other views and play around with that first.

EZCA is uninstalled but I could not find the Restore tool to run. Maybe that's the problem.

I need to restore all my FSX keys as well I guess.

Thank you...

You must use the EZCA Restore or Configure utility to remove EZCA otherwise all the EZCA definitions are still in place.

Remember you can always delete your FSXSERVER.CAM file to start over again. You could do that an just Import my 737 views then assign your button or key to them.

Use the Select Camera list to see what cameras you have defined. There should only be one default for your aircraft group. If a key or button is assigned to multiple cameras then the views will cycle.

You should also install the latest release version or check the Release Notes. There has recently been a change to the 'Restrict Cameras...' Function. But you won't need that until you have many views configured for a variety of aircraft.

Also take time to read or step through the step by step guide. Once you get used to the interface it is all very straight forward and users quickly go on to create 100+ camera views.

Stephen

Remember if you get stuck just email me your FSXSERVER.CAM file with some description of what you are trying to achieve and I will assist you via email if you wish.

I ran ezdok config and did a restore.

I did a default reset on all FSX keys.

I imported your 737 .cfg file and set caption to key c but that key does nothing when I press it.

I set throttles to ctl-R but that key combination does nothing.

What's you email so I can email you my fsxserver.cam file?

>Also take time to read or step through the step by step guide. Once you get used to the interface it is all very straight forward.

I did read the step by step but I couldn't get through it successfully because things were not working, meaning I'd set a hot key for a view and then press it but nothing happens in the cockpit.

I don't think the interface is straight forward at all...for example exactly what interface are you referring to? There is more than one: there is the camera control interface, there is the live camera control interface which I have no idea why or when you would use it and I've tried to use it and nothing happens, so that interface is a puzzle to me.

I want to define some camera views, assign hot keys to them to call them up and then be able to pan and zoom around with the target view...so far I have been able to get pan working per your tip but I must say its far from being smooth...can't get any kind of zoom to work in a view via the keys.

I don't think this is an easy product at all to set up. It's easy for you guys because you work with it everyday.

You must use the EZCA Restore or Configure utility to remove EZCA otherwise all the EZCA definitions are still in place.

Remember you can always delete your FSXSERVER.CAM file to start over again. You could do that an just Import my 737 views then assign your button or key to them.

Use the Select Camera list to see what cameras you have defined. There should only be one default for your aircraft group. If a key or button is assigned to multiple cameras then the views will cycle.

You should also install the latest release version or check the Release Notes. There has recently been a change to the 'Restrict Cameras...' Function. But you won't need that until you have many views configured for a variety of aircraft.

Also take time to read or step through the step by step guide. Once you get used to the interface it is all very straight forward and users quickly go on to create 100+ camera views.

Stephen

Remember if you get stuck just email me your FSXSERVER.CAM file with some description of what you are trying to achieve and I will assist you via email if you wish.

I just emailed you my fsxserver.cam file.

Sounds like you are simply using key sequences that are not permitted in the simulator or have been allocated elsewhere.

You could try assigning key X and shift-X which work on my system. But send me your CAM file and I will check it over.

My email is,

opusFSI@opussoftware.co.uk

Stephen

P.S.

The C and Alt-R keys works fine for me, but I cannot set Ctrl-R. Check that your C key hasn't been assigned elsewhere, within the Opus Cameras, within the Opus Shortcuts, within FSX itself, or within FSUIPC4.

I have had a look at your CAM file and can see the problem.

You have assigned the B737-800 aircraft to all your cameras. This is fine as long as you intend these views to be used solely for the FSX Default 737-800 aircraft and no other. If you want these cameras to be used for all 737 type aircraft then you must assign all such aircraft types to them.

You can do this simply.

1. Open the Camera dialog. Select your first 737 camera view within the dialog.

2. Click on Assign Aircraft Types to the Camera button.

3. Answer YES to the 'Do you want to change the assigned Aircraft Types for Multiple camera views' prompt.

4. Highlight ALL your 737 cameras and click OK in the Select Camera Views dialog.

5. Highlight ALL 737 type aircraft, including ALL PMDG 737.. types and any other 737 addons you have then click OK in the Assign Aircraft Types... dialog. The displayed number of Assigned aircraft should be greater than 1 now.

6. Finally click on the Save Cameras button.

Now your 737 cameras will work when you have any of the PMDG 737NGX aircraft type selected.

As for your CAM file you will find plenty of backups but since you have only Imported my single CDF for the 737 it will not matter if you want to start again. Please note ... you MUST add the Everyone user group to your permissions and not run any AV software with FSX.

Ask if you need any further assistance.

Stephen :smile:

It might help you to note,

1. The Camera Control dialog contains both camera management and editing functions within a single dialog.

2. Leave the 'Restricted Aircraft Types..' set to 'All Aircraft'. This function is only for those who have many cameras configured for a large variety of aircraft, letting them view or list only those cameras assigned to a specified aircraft type. If you inadvertently select an aircraft type in the 'Restrict' list then you may see no cameras listed at all. In such cases you haven't lost your cameras you simply do not have any configured that match the specified Restricted type.

3. The 'Assign Aircraft Types..' option is used to associate the camera with a specific set of aircraft types, such as ALL 737s. Not many views are equally suited and applicable to 'All Aircraft'.

4. Do not attempt to create Windowed Views unless you fully understand how the simulator defines and loads them.

5. The DHM Bump Aircraft DOF and Delay settings may affect some aircraft simulators and systems preventing their auto pilots functioning as expected. You may need to reduce the DOF and/or increase the Delay Factor settings. Worst case if your aircraft sim cannot cope with any form of RW turbulent aircraft motion then you will have to Disable the Bump Aircraft option in the DHM dialog.

6. Always use the Default zoom level for the view mode wherever you can. Always adjust the eye point to create the view you desire. Zoom control is very inefficient and laborious in the simulator.

7. Always remember to Save Cameras after making any changes to a camera and before moving on to edit or create another camera view.

8. Always close the Camera dialog before attempting to select the camera view, use the hat switch panning etc.. You must exit Camera Control mode before attempting to use the cameras.

The above should help.

If in doubt ask or send me your CAM file and I will be pleased to assist.

Stephen :smile:

Live Camera Control (LCC) is selected via the main server form's Control button and can be used to adjust the eye point for any VC, 2D, or Custom view types. The LCC is for making temporary adjustments to the eye point or simply having a wonder around the cockpit or aircraft. 

Live Camera Control is described in the documentation,

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/opusfsx_user.htm#Live Camera Control

Cheryl