Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1other1

Moving Prepar3d to SSD - Question

I am doing a fresh install of Prepar3d to a new 480GB SSD. I have Orbx FTX Base, Vector, FS Global and other add-on scenery. Should I move this to the SSD as well? If so how do I go about uninstalling a re-installing the scenery products? Thanks in advance.

If you are doing a fresh install of P3D on another drive you MUST uninstall via the Win 7 Control Panel, so that LM knows that the uninstall has been carried out. You will then need to reinstall on the new drive and re-enter your LM password.

Now completely delete the Orbx folder on the drive you are vacating. Next do a reinstall of Orbx scenery using the triple installer versions. (See this list if you are flying P3D v2.2 http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/68566-master-list-of-all-p3d2-ready-orbx-products/): Orbx will locate your sim from the Registry, so simply select the version where you wish to install.

Mac

" Is it now better to put Orbx on the SSD with Prepar3D?"

I don't think you have a choice, ORBX installs to the base folder of the sim you select.

"Orbx will locate your sim from the Registry," - not for me it doesn't - the new triple installer is insisting on installing to C:\FS\P3D, which doesn't exist.

My registry points to E:\FS\P3D, which is on my SSD, and there are NO registry entries for C:\FS\P3D, yet ORBX has remembered it somewhere, somehow, from long ago :-(

Cheers

Keith