Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdwgraf

RealAir Spitfire MK732 " Polly Grey "

Some time ago I made several paints for RealAir Spitfire and one I was working on was lost in a harddisk crash . I recently came across some photographs showing MK732 as she is now . As the original paint supplied by RealAir has the same " mistake " that I myself made with my Dutch Spitfire paints that the roundels are reversed , made me decide to create a " new " version .

C5yP7bT.jpg

V2cAYjq.jpg

o5rVgoM.jpg

6fWFIBr.jpg

PpyLW1f.jpg

As a " virtual " Merlin costs nothing , here is a screen of the result when you " blow " one up , just a shame I couldn't capture the effects as it happened .

pQ065HY.jpg

Goes without saying that this is a " Work in Progress " , still have some work to do with the spec maps .

John

More or less complete , will be uploading shortly .

r4zCTvZ.jpg

j4SdToc.jpg

tkESrrt.jpg

qhq8DsA.jpg

John

Thanks for the comments Leen , already placed some screens of MK732 " through the ages " on DutchFS . Re the walkway textures , on Airliners.net ( which I cannot link to but the photo id is : 1941798 ) there is a photograph in flight from ahead of the aircraft where you can see the repairs that have been made to the upper wing surface ( port side ) , the starboard side walkway is as the " normal situation " . The fabric " gun covers " are an oversight on my part but information that I gleaned from the net implies that the MkIX did not have the Brownings mounted in the wings anyway ( although the access panels are there ) and as far as I can remember aren't even included in the paintkit which " suffers ' from too much detail in some respects .

Back to the drawing board .

John