Sign in to follow this  
kenneth mockford

unable to transfer the camera data across to system (my other PC)

Hi I just purchased Opusfsx and for the life of me I cannot get it to save camera views on other PC. I have read the manual about 10 times given up twice. Now I am desperate.

Please don't tel me that me sharing options are wrong or that the firewall is an issue or if av apps will stop it.

it is a i7pc with only windows7 64bit and FSX acceleration and then OPUSfsx on it.

all I want is camera views on my side windows not to complicated .

Please tell me how I can get the info from opusfsx and put it in my camera file.

I have one window working but I cannot load the second i can switch between the views and do every thing else.

where do I get the cam file and how do i get the second window open

Regards Kenneth

Hi Kenneth,

Not very complicated at all. But sharing and permissions are essential so I assume you have created the Everyone user group and have allocated Full Control to that use group.

Can you please confirm that as it is normally the case that people do not set their sharing and security permissions on ALL computers and do not Add the Everyone user groups to the permissions.

So first please confirm these groups have been added and Full Control allocated along with file sharing etc. to both the OpusFSX folders and the FSX install folder. Also confirm you have shared both the OpusFSX and FSX install drives on ALL systems using the same drive letter and not renamed them or labelled them with a pseudonym.

Also confirm what folder OpusFSX has been installed in.

Now to create a camera view on a client system the server system must be able to copy the <ComputerName>.CAM file across on to the client computer.

It can only do that if it is allowed. Have you checked to see if this file is being copied across onto your client system after pressing Save Cameras or the OK button.

I have to check these things first.

I have assumed you can edit the view on your client system, see the view changing, then press Save All Cameras.

Have you assigned the correct aircraft type to the client view?

Have you declared the view as Default so that it is displayed automatically?

If stuck then just email me your CAM files (your FSXSERVER.CAM and <ComputerName>.CAM files) and I will have a look and let you know what you need to do.

Regards

Stephen

Hi Kenneth,

Just confirm the above. I should have mentioned above, If you want, you can email your client CAM file to me at,

opusfsi@opussoftware.co.uk

Stephen :-)

created the Everyone user group and have allocated Full Control yes

Full Control allocated along with file sharing etc. to both the OpusFSX folders and the FSX install folder yes

hared both the OpusFSX and FSX install drives on ALL systems using the same drive letter and not renamed them or labelled them yes

4 installed in OpusFSX on both PC

checked to see if this file is being copied across onto your client system after pressing Save Cameras or the OK button I do not know how to do this I press the button and it gives an error

6 Have you assigned the correct aircraft type to the client view yes

7 Have you declared the view as Default so that it is displayed automatically yes

This is a permissions or file copy blocked problem on Kenneth's network. We have continued discussions via email in an attempt to route out the networking issue on Kenneth's system.

Regards

Stephen :-)