Sign in to follow this  
swadeep

PMDG 737 NGX Apu Start

Hey guys. Just started using LINDA today and I'm really impressed with it and have begin assign intents for PMDG 737 NGX except there one assignment left which I am struggling with. I are a command NGX APU START OR SHOW. I assigned that to a switch for apu to start but nothing happens when I activate that switch. When I assigned OFF to another switch it worked fine. Any ideas please?

Thanks for this great piece of work and all efforts. Can't believe I've never been using it before!

Also if you don't mind explaining the LOCAL and GLOBAL shift the record macro then it would be great. I got confused while reading manual

Would appreciate you help.

Thanks

Swadeep

Hi Swadeep

Welcome to LINDA but you didn't to post 3 times ;).

Probably the best way to resolve why your NGA_APU_START is not working is to use the LINDA development mode and use Tracer. Here you can search for and set/reset/toggle the specific values to see how the simulation is reacting to the input.  You can then use what you learn to check out the function you are trying to use. The code is located in \modules\linda\aircraft\PMDG 737 NGX or something similar. It can take a little investigation and a bit of trial and error.  Have fun!

I'll let others answer your other question.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Swadeep

Welcome to LINDA but you didn't to post 3 times ;).

Probably the best way to resolve why your NGA_APU_START is not working is to use the LINDA development mode and use Tracer. Here you can search for and set/reset/toggle the specific values to see how the simulation is reacting to the input.  You can then use what you learn to check out the function you are trying to use. The code is located in \modules\linda\aircraft\PMDG 737 NGX or something similar. It can take a little investigation and a bit of trial and error.  Have fun!

I'll let others answer your other question.

Thank You. Haha I am sorry about that. An error came up so i ended up clicking again. Didn't mean to and I couldn't find options to delete thread. Anyway I'll try what you suggest and see if i can do it.

Cheers for the help.

Swadeep

I am sorry but i am actually totally lost so if you could guide me with the exact methods step by step I would really appreciate it. I went back to manual again and I'm still clueless. Forgive me. Would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

Swadeep

Hi. I have solved it. After doing more googling I found out a post by another member, Robert Macdonald, and luckily he was using same HOTAS warthog as me and assigned APU right exactly where i wanted to and i tried his way and it works! I just finished programming everything for NGX and will make my first flight with it soon!  :Party:

Anyway one more question please if anyone could answer. I read the beginner's manual again by Brian as saw in the screenshots towards then end something i am hoping is what i am thinking. Am i right when i say i could program LINDA to do a flow for me? ie say after landing i switched off landing lights, then strobe lights, then clean flaps, then start APU...now could i program this and assign it to a button and then when i click that it will those 4 commands for me? basically combine those 4 single commands into 1 with just 1 press of a button on the joystick? if yes how do i do that? does that involve writing a script? any detailed tutorial?

would appreciate an answer for this.

thanks

swadeep

Hi swadeep

Good news that you have made progress. To create a flow of actions along the lines you suggest you need to write a new function which calls in turn each of the functions you require. You then assign that function to a button on your joystick.

I suggest you place the new function in the user library file. If you look in \FSX\modules\linda\system\library you will find a file _user-lib.lua. The function will look something like:

Function myPostLandingChecks()

LandingLightsOff()
ipc.sleep(50)
StrobeLightsOff()
ipc.sleep(50)

etc

end

The sleep instructions are to create a short delay between each function. The actual function names should be found in your NGX aircraft file that you can assign as single functions.

I hope that makes sense.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi swadeep

Good news that you have made progress. To create a flow of actions along the lines you suggest you need to write a new function which calls in turn each of the functions you require. You then assign that function to a button on your joystick.

I suggest you place the new function in the user library file. If you look in \FSX\modules\linda\system\library you will find a file _user-lib.lua. The function will look something like:

Function myPostLandingChecks()

LandingLightsOff()

ipc.sleep(50)

StrobeLightsOff()

ipc.sleep(50)

etc

end

The sleep instructions are to create a short delay between each function. The actual function names should be found in your NGX aircraft file that you can assign as single functions.

I hope that makes sense.

I'll have a look and get back to you. Thanks :)

Cheers

Swadeep