Sign in to follow this  
DavidRN

Capt seat VC issues

Hello, today I found anothe rissue with the 777.  Flying form ZBAA to YSSY all of the sudden the capt seat VC went unclickable.  No pointers, no hands.  Everything works as it should from other views like to FO and all panels.  All pop-up panel work just fine as they should.  Just the capt side is inop.  Thought it may be a screen issue.  nope.  Also tried the f9 button as sometimes the vc is inop after changing screens.  nope.  I am at a loss on this one.  anyone else have this issue?   I have quite a few flights in this bird and this is the first time I have seen this one.  Google and other forums offered no help.  Am I the first ??

Thanks.

Did the captain's view point end up inside the captain's seat?

Your viewpoint most likely drifted behind the headrest. FSX tries to simulate inertia by shifting the head position based on how the plane is moving, and sometimes it'll be just the right amount so that you are behind the headrest without it rendering into view. Try moving the viewpoint forward by pressing ctrl + backspace OR ctrl + shift (I forgot which one moves the viewpoint foward) at the same time. Hope this helps

Mark Javornik

Thanks for the replies guys.  Using TRackIR and zoomed all the way into the knobs themselves.  I have had times where I was too far back and lost the click areas.  Simple move in did the trick for those.  Not this time.  Not sure what the deal is.  After I land I will have to reboot it and see if it clears up.  I think it thinks it is on another screen rather than the VC.  When I cycle through the screens I am getting some strange ordering of how they are coming up in the sequence.  Maybe just a 777 brain fart.