Sign in to follow this  
big bird

static Coho load error.

Hello:

All the files are present in the settings-scenery library for fsx, however if I check mark the LR_Vessel_MV_COHO  for the scenery area what happens is that I get the message "Scenery.CFG file error. Invalide Remote Scenery path in Scenery area.

.125. Does anyone have any Idea what I did wrong ? Everything else is perfect except the Static COHO does not show up.

Thanks for any ones help.

Doug in Edmonton.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Doug, try deleting the scenery area from your library, closing the sim, and restarting it.  Then add it again.  If that doesn't work, your scenery.cfg file may have got itself scrambled due to a previous incomplete deletion of a folder. 

Ensure that the LR_Vessel_MV_COHO under Addon Scenery has a Scenery subfolder, and that subfolder has a file ending in .bgl.

Also check that your Addon Scenery folder has a Scenery and Texture folder, although they can be empty.

Make sure you have admin rights, and if you are using Vista that UAC is turned off.

If you still have a problem we may need to use a utility to fix your scenery.cfg. 

Hi Jon:

That did the trick. Thanks so much. This scenery is fabulous. You guy's did a beautiful job.

This scenery is important to me because my Mother lives in Victoria and we go there often.

Another quick question if I may. Do any of the planes land in the Harbour and will the Cruise ship still come in even though we use the static Coho ? We see the planes ( Pat Bay ) take off but we have never seen one land yet ? We do have your Vancouver + but it is not currently in use due to our frame rates, we are about to re-install it as we have just upgraded our system.

Again congratulations to both yourself and Larry for a great job.

We owe you a lunch at the SpitFire Grill. 

Thanks for the kind words!  The static Coho does not affect the AI.

Van+ has the DHC-3 model that Harbour Air uses, and the DHC-6 for West Coast Air.  Reinstalling it will increase your traffic.  There's also a known problem that will be fixed in the future that prevents Kenmore traffic from appearing properly.

There are no cruise ships included in Vic+ at this time, just the schedule.  Again installing Van+ will provide the needed models.  Other models will appear if you install Vic+ version 7, then uninstall it, that will leave behind the models.

Happy flying, er sailing!

Hi Jon,

I tried to get the Vic+ version 7 from Avsim Libraries but no matter what I do they will not allow me to register for that site !!! I've actually tried before to register with them, but no go. Don't know why. Also tried Flight Sim

site but couldn't find it on their site. Is there any other possibilities for this down load?

Question, will I have to do anything to V8 before or after I load V7? Or just install it and then uninstall it if I can find it ?

Thanks again. 

It's on flightsim.com, search for Victoria in the scenery library, it's the last two (you need both).  And AVSIM staff I"m sure can help you sign on there!

Nothing to be done to V8.

Hi Jon

Sorry I didn't get back to you quicker. I was able to get the correct Victoria + 7 downloads, and followed

your instructions. We now have float's landing and taking off in Vic harbour for the 1'st time !! We also saw the

cruise ship leave. At the same time I also installed Larry's "water taxi". Works perfect. What a great job.

We are looking forward to your upgrade package for Version 8 and also Dave;s new Victoria Int airport which will certainly enhance the Victoria area. I was wondering if it is OK to leave the ORBX Library just above the

Orbx scenery files and below all of your's, Dave's and Larry's? Seems to work fine there.

We havn't reloaded Vancouver + 3 yet, so that is next. Still trying to figure out the best setup for our new system IE Buffers and affinity masks etc.

Thanks to all you Guy's for your great work (and help).  

Thanks for the kind words!  Yes, ORBX library position doesn't matter to us, it's proprietary and we don't use it.

Enjoy.

Hi Jon

If I reinstall Vic+ v7 to get the AI models and then deinstall that , may I use some of the traffic files from v7 or they conflict with V8 or ORBX PNW ?  

Thanks

Those traffic files will conflict.

That said, in SP1 they will no longer be needed, all AI craft will be available for download.

See  my blog for more information on status.

Sign in to follow this