Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Anybody fly the Airhead Decathlon??

It's a great freeware a/c - has a nice feel about it and completely flyable from the VC ---- BUT I am danged if I can land it without bouncing high into the air each time. I don't have this problem with other a/c - tricycle or tail dragger.Any comments please?? What am I doing wrong or can I fix it somehow.Thanks Barry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Greets Barry,Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated. :)In regards to landing, it sounds like you might be coming in a bit fast or too high, maybe both. If you find yourself in this position, sideslipping will bleed of some energy and altitiude. Keep in mind that you don't have flaps as in many other small GA aircraft either. Not sure if you checked out the manual, but there is some good info in there that might help you tame your landings a bit.

Thanks Dave I think that your Decathlon is going to force me to get some rudder pedals. Can't slip without them . With most of the Fsim a/c , I have used autorudder and that seems to be OK to do most things. But maybe it is time!!! Anyway, thanks muchly for the Decathlon - I really do like it .Oh - by the way, I see from your website that perhaps another of your a/c is coming our way sometime -- I look forward to it whenever!! Regards Barry