Sign in to follow this  
whammo11224

Autopilot altitude hold...

I don't know if it's appropriate to post this question/problem, but since I only fly P3D V2, I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm currently running a clean install with no add-ons, other than planes. I did use Simstarter to configure the game, and I have a registered copy of FSUIPC. The problem that I have is that no matter what plane I use, including the default planes. Not one of them will hold altitude with the autopilot. Every single plane keeps on climbing or descending with the altitude hold button/option enabled. I did not have this problem before and I am wondering what could be causing it.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. If you need more info, please let me know.

Thank you.

Are you setting your altitude in your HSI/MFD, then using vs to climb to that altitude and hold?  -  In some of my add-on's, I have to have altitude clicked on my autopilot, then set the vs....once at my

set altitude, it will hold - in heavy winds, the altitude will deviate some as well as heading..........unless I'm using GPS Guidance, or have programmed the FMS, then the heading will correct and deviation.

Yes, setting altitude in whatever manner the certain plane requires. The plane will climb and not stop. It will never hold altitude. I'm at a loss, this is every plane, default or not!

Thanks