Sign in to follow this  
Mac1

CDU setting

I have Project Magenta's CDU. Where is the setting that allows me to STEP through the waypoints?

Hi Mac 1, not sure I can help here, but I use P.M. CDU linked the PFC Hardware.  Once I have set up a flight, I can 'step' through the entire flight if I wish using the next page/previous page buttons on the FMC Hardware.  I would assume this to be the same on the PM Software.

Sorry if this not the answer you are seeking?

Yes, that is what should happen but the next page buttons do not step down for me. Enrico says it is a setting in the settings page but I can't see it!

Mac1, will try and help a little further if I can.  I have used PM software now for ten years in my home built 737-800.  I use PM - MCP/Pilot and Co-Pilot Instrumentation/Eng.Instrumentation/and CDU.

Probably some of the following you will already know.  Firstly, as mentioned I use PFC Hardware for my FMC which in turn is using the PM CDU software.  Within the CDU ini file is a setting that enables me to turn off the actual 'picture' of the FMC, so I only get the text on my FMC Hardware.  This is why I can't do a direct test to help you.  Having said that, I have over the years had to re-install the CDU program a number of times (change of hardware etc), and have never had the problem you seem to be having.  It would make sense that all available buttons on the FMC are useable by default.

Are you able to use all other buttons, and is it just the next and previous buttons that do not work?

You mention 'settings' above.  There are two ways of looking at the settings for all PM software.  If you press 'esc' on your key board, this should bring up a menu 'over' your FMC showing different options you can enable or disable.  Sometimes for me this has not always worked, so the other way of changing such settings is to go to the 'ini/configuration file.  You will find this in the main PM/CDU folder, and is normally placed directly under the CDU exe file.

I really can't recall ever having seen such a setting that would turn certain buttons on or off, but to be honest I have never had cause to look for such a thing!

If the above does not help, I would suggest you go back to Enrico; he really is your man on this one.  Over the years, I have found that he does often think that us mere mortals out here know more than we do, so just ask him for a step by step, and I am sure he will help until the problem is resolved.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Just one last thought; are you running your CDU program on a separate PC and networking to work with FSX?  I am, and it is a little complex, but easy when you know how (like most things!)

Selkan

Thank you for your input.  The next stage is for me to go through the ini file and see if I can find something that fits the bill.  Yes, I run the CDU on a separate computer.

Unfortunately I get very little response from PM.  I have asked Enrico to help further but he has declined.  All keys on my FDS CDU are working.  The next page key works when in other modes.  Enrico says that according to the setting you have the NEXT PAGE will either turn the page or STEP through the individual waypoints in a flight plan.

Thanks for help.  I will just plod on

Selkan

I found it in the ini file.  PlanStep = on

Er,

Not sure if this helps, but to step through your waypoints you need to be in LEGS page, and put the EFIS APP/VOR/MAP/PLAN rotary selector into PLAN. The CDU should then show a <CTR> next to a leg and this will show on the ND in the centre. 6R button will have STEP next to it.

That function works in the real aircraft and PDMG also.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Thanks Mark, all is well now that I have PLANSTEP to on in the ini file. Interestingly although everyone says the EFIS should be set to PLN, for me it has to be set to MAP!!