Sign in to follow this  
victorwest2

Any News on Update to Lennart's Textures?

A little while ago Lennart released textures for northern Europe and parts of the US. I was wondering if anybody had heard news as to when, or if, any new textures would be released for other areas.

Guest gasebah

I was just wondering the same, when I checked Lennart's textureart website. I am not capable of the language as I am German. But what I have read there with my understanding of European languages is that he stopped doing any add-ons for FS. That would be really bad news. I was so much looking forward for the Southern Europe textures, and I love I absolutely love his Northern European stuff which is way better than any payware. My language knowledge is really not suffiient to speculate as to why he stopped. But I understood something of time consuming and so on.Whatever led to the decision (if I at all translated it properly) my deepest kudos go to Lennart for what he has given us so far.Alex

Guest UlfB

Hi all,It's a big loss to the community when texture wizard Lennart Arvidsson seems to definetly give up his FS work. According to his message on his home site this is the end and the site will be closed in about a week. :( Lennart released an update of his FS2004 textures in januar 2005. Search avsim library on author 'Lennart Arvidsson' and you'll find the update.His textures and update are also found on http://www.fsnordic.net/ (click File Library, Flight Simulator, Scenery, scroll down and click Replacement Textures) or on FlightSim.no (http://www.flightsim.no/file/FS2004/Scenery/Texturer/).Thanks Lennart for your wonderful contribution to the community over the years. I'll guess I'm not the only one wishing you good luck and many happy landings in your real life flying :-wave Ulf Bjarke

Guest shanwick

>Hi all,>>It's a big loss to the community when texture wizard Lennart>Arvidsson seems to definetly give up his FS work. According to>his message on his home site this is the end and the site will>be closed in about a week.If I'm not mistaken he gave up doing any more work for MSFS a year or two back saying that he had not been given the recognition from the community which he considered all his efforts deserved. Then, recently, he came back.If he is giving up again then I just don't understand what he is up to. Why go to all that considerable trouble to give us new textures for FS2004 only to close down again? Doesn't seem to make any sense to me - but then I'm not Lennart Arvidsson.David

Guest UlfB

Hi David,Yes, you're right. I'll guess Lennart got tired of delivering freeware in the same way that Richard Stefan (NAVData) did some time ago. If you haven't visited his site and if you can't read swedish, then you may not know the whole story. I don't claim to know the whole and true story, but as far as I can remember from the news from his site, this is how it goes.About two years ago Lennart had too many other projects going on. Spending a lot of the time abroad in business away from his family. When home he was hard working with a FS scenery project for the Swedish Airforce and had no time left over for any other projects. I'll guess Lennart felt quite content with the situation back then, delivering high quality textures to a paying and loyal customer.When Lennart finally got some time over and had got started with the FS2004 textures, his wife got sick last summer, so the textures got delayed. But he had given a promise to complete his FS2004 textures and the Vilhelmina airport. So he struggled on. Finally after the completion of the textures and the Vilhelmina airport, Lennart now has the oportunity to enjoy his life. Less work, more flying and continue his projects with a satisfied and loyal customer. Lennart also says that he will spend some time exploring other designers work.It all make sense to me. Hope it make some sense for you as well ;-) And maybe, just maybe, Lennart will return some day with another of his beautiful sceneries.One question comes to my mind. Does Lennart, Richard Stefan or any other freeware provider have any obligations to any other community member?Ulf Bjarke(Lennart, please excuse me if my memory fails me)

Guest shanwick

>It all make sense to me. Hope it make some sense for you as>well ;-)Hi UlfThank you for your reply and explanation - and, yes, it does make sense to me. :-) David