Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Cloud Problems

On some flights I disable OPUS Weather. In FSX I click on Weather Themes. When I click on either Clear Skies or Opus Weather ( Clear Skies ) I will see the clear sky when FSX is booted up and I'm in the cockpit view. I go to the add on and click FSINN then the control panel. When I do the flight plan, the sky goes from clear to clouds and stays that way through out the flight. How do I keep the clear sky ?

You should also note that if you load a flight then the selected weather theme that was saved with the flight could be restored. But in your case its most likely you still have the FSINN weather option enabled so FSINN injects weather.

I would recommend though that you use the OpusFSX Import METARs From File option with a single GLOB METAR instead of using the FSX Static themes. The static themes are pretty rubbish and you will not get upper winds or temps. Whereas preparing and using an OpusFSX Import file containing a single GLOB METAR you still have the option to load and use GRIB forecast data. Even the simulated upper winds and temps would be better than the FSX static themes which give you nothing and are also limited in the area they cover.

Check out our Live Weather manual for details of using the Import METAR From File option.

Stephen :-)