Sign in to follow this  
StubbinMyToe

Airport gate question

I am flying out of KMCO in the USA.

I am trying to figure out why my flight planner (EFB for example) show that gate 12 (Medium Gate) exists,  but the 737NGX says it doesn't.   FSX also thinks it exists because I am able to load and place the NGX at Gate 12 and it is right where EFB said it will be,    I loaded the airport into "Airport Design Editor" and it has different numbers (I think it shows gate 21 where 12 is in EFB if I remember correctly, there is no 12 in there).   Everything is using the same AIRAC data which is 1405.

Anyone know why this happens?   I am curious why everything is not in sync...

Note:  I always update FSX itself using http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html .  Maybe that is the issue?   I started doing that way back because of things like Tampa runways changed, and this screws everything up including RTC if I don't.

If anyone else needs to know:  Go into the FSX/PMDG/SIDSTARS folder and load up the .txt file for the airport.  Scroll to the bottom and you will see the gates.   Gate 12 is missing...  FSX itself uses the BGL file, that is why it contains gate 12.  EFB is not using the .txt file (because gate 12 was not in there), it is probably using a chart, that is why it shows gate 12.

It really doesn't matter for the FMC since I use GPS coordinates, but I wanted to know why this happened.

The only one that matters to me is physical gate in the sim. Load the airport in ADE and pick a gate. The gate number in ADE will be the gate number you choose when loading FSX. I get gate numbers from flightaware. Also it's not difficult to find out what gates different airlines use. I don't think anyone really uses the gate when setting up the FMC. It doesn't really matter and it may not match what you see at the addon airport in the sim. AIRAC data doesn't matter, PMDG's sid/star data doesn't matter. What matters is the airport addon and BGL, which doesn't get updated when airac does because the addon is static unless they update it. Where does the EFB get its data from? It doesn't matter if it doesn't match what you see in the sim. If ADE doesn't match what you loaded in FSX then you didn't open the correct BGL. You may have an updated BGL somewhere that FSX is loading.

Gate numbers probably aren't updated at all in the AIRAC. You could always add the gates in PMDG's file. Bring up KMCO in google maps. Gate 12 is an AAL gate in the NW terminal, which matches T2G's addon if you use that. The EFB is probably using the same BGL FSX is. FSX's default gates for KMCO don't match at all. I bet you could find an updated BGL on avsim for KMCO if you don't have T2G.