Sign in to follow this  
theshack440

Another Rig Suggestion Thread

Yes, you are going to need a DVD SATA drive..

The motherboard should come with some SATA cables.

If you've got additional funds, you might want a nice dedicated SSD for FSX, like a Samsung EVO 256 GB.

Bert

Yes, you are going to need a DVD SATA drive..

The motherboard should come with some SATA cables.

If you've got additional funds, you might want a nice dedicated SSD for FSX, like a Samsung EVO 256 GB.

Great. Thank you again for all your help! I'll probably just use the HD that I have listed though I could probably fit everything on an SSD. I don't think it will make such a huge difference that it's worth the extra 60-100$. Onwards with ordering!

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Only extra SATA cables to connect your HDD/SSD/Optical devices etc if you dont have enough included with the motherboard. Usually, motherboards come with at least 2 SATA cables  but can easily be found on the manufactures website. 

Im not sure re the optical drive as i've always never associated having a system without one. I think you do need one to load software that is only on CD ROM or think of this, there is a problem with your hard drives for whatever reason meaning you cant boot from the HDD/SDD so you need to manually boot from CD-ROM using a 'recovery disk' best to have one for contingency and also to not baffle friends by them thinking...somethings missing and I dont quite know what :-) haha

Disclaimer: I am no PC tech expert, just passing on the research I have found out as im also deciding what best 'dream build' I can build for my sterling :-)

Regards

Ian Drinkwater

5.jpg

Specs: Intel Core i7-4790K @4.5ghz / MAXIMUS VII HERO / ASUS GTX 970 4GB / 16GB DDR3-2133 Memory / Corsair RM 850W 80+ Gold Certified Power Supply / Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 140mm x3 / BitFenix - Spectre PWM 140mm x4 / Samsung - 840 EVO 250GB SSD x2 / Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB HDD / Western Digital - Caviar Black 1TB HDD / W10 Home Edition 1709 Software: P3D V4.1 / ACTIVE SKY / ORBX GLOBAL / REX TD ENHANCED / PTA 2.5 / UK2000 / PMDG 737