Sign in to follow this  
Avcomware

Airport Charts for FSM Moving Map

Started on a project to create airport charts for FSM Moving Map. First phase is to do airport charts for all the US airports that have commercial operations (I'm thinking around 150-200). I've already started converting the PDFs to high resolution GIF files. But need some help calibrating them for FSMMM. If this is something you might be interested in helping me out with send me an email to mattfox@starstream.net.thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Matt,Thanks so much for all you have done (and obviously still doing) to make the Moving Map utility a fantastic add-on. If you are willing to provide me detailed steps on calibrating some charts; I will be happy to find some time to help out as a small thanks for what you and Rana have provided our community and to my personal simming pleasure.Vince Carlosoftball_blue@yahoo.com

It's very easy, only takes a few minutes to do each one. Basically, all you do is look on the map to see where the latitude and longitude lines cross and enter in the lat and lon for two points on each map.I'll send you an email with more info Vince. Thanks.Matt

Hi, Matt.I don't know if you are doing them randomly, location wise, or certain areas, if you do areas send some Western, or whatever you have to flytv1ATyahooDOTcom. Try to keep under 6MB at the time.Did you find that the LatLong was sufficient, no need to Slew? TV