Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Add-on for Columbia Gorge Scenery

Holger -An add-on to your Columbia Gorge scenery that I find useful is Dan Reynold's set of flattening polygons for the Columbia and Willamette adjoining your region (columbia-willamette_rivers_fix.zip).This greatly helps with the abnormally high default river levels, which result in sunken islands and huge dikes that would make the Dutch envious!Some of Dan's files duplicate or even conflict with yours. Of his set, the bgls which seem to integrate best are:Columbia_1Columbia_2Columbia_3Columbia_4Columbia_Water_1Columbia_Water_2Sauvie_SloughWillamette_3Willamette_4Willamette_5Willamette_6Willamette_7Willamette_8There is still a slight mismatch in river height at the boundaries, but the effect is far less noticeable than with the default scenery. Tweaking Dan's flatten levels would probably fix it.Again, thanks for your great contributions to our hobby!JohnP.S. Also recommend M. Allen Richards' Timberline Lodge (Timberline_Lodge_11U_cg_fix.zip) and Papa Looser's Hood River bridge (hrbridge_gc.zip). Now if some kind souls would just do the Bridge of the Gods and Vista House.........

Hi John,thank you for sharing that list - very useful indeed!I also agree about the existing add-ons; there are quite a few more of them at Hovercontrol that have been updated to fit with my landscape files. Also, I've heard from a fellow designer who is interested in modeling the Vista House ;-)Cheers, Holger