Sign in to follow this  
captaingeorge2012

ATC tells me to descend before my cruise altitude

I am obviously doing something wrong and need some help. All flights use SIDS/STARS and PMDG 737NGX.

Departure works fine but arrivals are a problem. Here is what happened on my last flight:

KBUF/KEWR ...SID was KBUF4 with BUF transition for a cruise altitude of FL250. At FL200 Voxatc gives me FLOSI3 arrival at GEE transition and tells me to descend to FL160.

SIDS and STARS are in the correct directory. This has happened on quite a few flights and I don't know what I am doing wrong.

If anyone can steer me in the right direction, it would be most appreciated.

Cheers

George Ingram

"KBUF/KEWR ...SID was KBUF4 with BUF transition"

Where was this put (located) for your flight?

Was the problem you never reached FL250?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Vonmar,

The SID was entered into the PMDG 737 NGX (as given by Voxatc) and Aivlasoft EFB route setup.

All was well until about FL200 when Voxatc gave me FLOSI3 arrival and told me to start my descent to KEWR. I did not reach my TOC as given by the FSX and EFB flight plans.

If I need to enter this into FSX flight planner during the flight, I am not sure how to do that.

George Ingram

VOXatc (air traffic controllers) is where you get the (data) / procedures / altitudes / instructions to enter into PMDG FMC. Not the other way around. EFB does not determine your TOD.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Thanks.

Looks like I was doing it the wrong way around. If the flight plan in FSX does not match exactly PMDG flight plan the Voxatc program does not work correctly.

Thank you again for your help.

Cheers

George Ingram