hi

i have a desktop computer with 

i7950

GTX 580

i want to have a laptop that is still quite powerfull to run fsx nicely with PMDG 777, because a desktop computer takes too much space. I now that i'll be sacrifing some performance if I by a new laptop instead of a new desktop computer...

What do you think of this one :

http://www.materiel.net/ordinateur-portable/msi-gt70-2pe-1414fr-ssd-gtx-880m-101315.html

Do you think that I can have better FPS compared to my current desktop computer ?  I think yes because fsx doesn't use much the GPU, my gtx doesn't go above 45%, but my CPu is always at 100%

thanks

CMB

You want to run FSX and PMDG? Simple, don't get a laptop. I have tried and failed with so called "portable desktops" from Sager/Origin. Trust me, it's not worth it. It's true FSX doesn't get most of it's power from the GPU, but mobile GPUs really hold back FSX.

If it's a space issue, get a smaller PC. Stay away from laptops or fly FS9.

You want to run FSX and PMDG? Simple, don't get a laptop. I have tried and failed with so called "portable desktops" from Sager/Origin. Trust me, it's not worth it. It's true FSX doesn't get most of it's power from the GPU, but mobile GPUs really hold back FSX.

If it's a space issue, get a smaller PC. Stay away from laptops or fly FS9.

even with these kind of specs :

Modèle Processeur Intel® Core™ i7-4810MQ (2,80 GHz) Nombre de cœurs 4 Mode Turbo 3,80 GHz ProdSection.gif  MÉMOIRE Capacité mémoire 8192 Mo Barrette(s) installée(s) 1 Emplacement(s) disponible(s) 3 Type SO-DIMM DDR3L Fréquence 1600 MHz Maximum 32768 Mo ProdSection.gif  AFFICHAGE Écran 17,3" Tactile Non Résolution Full HD 1080 (1920 x 1080) Aspect de la dalle Mat / Anti-reflets Carte graphique NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 880M Type GDDR GDDR5 Mémoire totale 4096 Mo ProdSection.gif  STOCKAGE Espace disque total 1128 Go Nombre d'unité de stockage 2 Emplacement 2,5" n°1 HDD 1 To 7200trs/min Emplacement 2,5" n°2 Non Emplacement mSATA n°1 SSD 128 Go