Sign in to follow this  
clocki

Black Exhaust + Texture Loading Problem

Dear all,

I just noticed on my flights with the PMDG 777 some strange issues.

1. the exhaust plume is on the first part black and angled. At the end it's going white and normal (see 1st picture)

2. I'm using openLC Europe together with ORBX Global+Vector and since the new SP1 of PMDG the textures are not loading very well. At all textures not loading very fast. I had this much better prior PMDG :/

I'm using a tweaked .cfg (see dropbox link) and a not worse PC. Never experienced such issues and with that flying does not make fun anymore :/

System specs:

Windows 7 x64

8GB RAM

Intel i5 4670k with OC

GeForce GTX 770

Addons:

PMDG 777+300ER

ORBX Global+Vector+openLC

FS Global 2010

different Airport sceneries (Payware)

FSX.cfg - Dropbox

acaovkyc.jpg

aca2j9ja6.jpg

Greetings Eddi :smile:

Search for Gauge Recovery by Erik Bender in the Avsim library. Have run this tool several times myself to correct the contrails, smoke etc. It is a problem with the effects folder I believe.

Not sure about the blurries, reduce your LOD radius, lower settings etc? I used to get bad blurries with OpenVFR LC, got rid of it, but then I have a 5 year old PC.

@Chris

The Gauge Tool has fixed the problem with the black contrails.

But I'm still having the problem with the loading of the ground. They are not getting sharp even if I hold/pause my position. I tested now with an fsx.cfg I saved 3 month ago where I did not had these problems. But not really a difference. There where also not many changes to the current .cfg :/

No idea then I'm afraid, I've always found lowering settings helped me, try searching the forum for blurries?

Hi mate

maybe a good idea to post your FSX.CFG so some of the clever people can have a look at it

you could try saving a backup FSX.cfg somewhere and deleting the original.

then restarting FSX and let it build a new one.

you will lose any keyboard settings and will have to reset them.see if that does the trick.

steve

maybe a good idea to post your FSX.CFG so some of the clever people can have a look at it

FSX.cfg can be found in a link above the pictures via dropbox. I also used a FSX.cfg I saved some month ago where I did not have had these problems.

Could it maybe has to do with the new ORBX openLC? I did not only experience that in the EU but just to be sure :/

I have no idea and did not have this before...

I see you are using unlimited fps...try setting it to 30 and see if textures are any better.our CFG's are almost identical.except for that and the fiber frame(don't use that)

what is your CPU clocked at?

steve