Sign in to follow this  
KingGhidorah

Request-Want Callouts, But Not Monitoring

I want the FO to call out things like V1 and Vr, and I want him to tell me things like 1000 to go or localizer captured.  What I don't want is for him to monitor my flight performance according to the selected Skill Level.

I have my setting at Trainee so the annoyance factor is not the reason I want to be able to disable certain types of monitoring.  I want to be able to turn certain things off just to be able to free up a little more CPU, since I'm always trying to squeeze the last few cycles out of it.

Would it be feasible to separate "Callouts and Monitoring" into two separate checkboxes, "Callouts" and "Monitoring" just to have a little more control over the situation?

I want the FO to call out things like V1 and Vr, and I want him to tell me things like 1000 to go or localizer captured.  What I don't want is for him to monitor my flight performance according to the selected Skill Level.

I have my setting at Trainee so the annoyance factor is not the reason I want to be able to disable certain types of monitoring.  I want to be able to turn certain things off just to be able to free up a little more CPU, since I'm always trying to squeeze the last few cycles out of it.

Would it be feasible to separate "Callouts and Monitoring" into two separate checkboxes, "Callouts" and "Monitoring" just to have a little more control over the situation?

It's already implemented that way for many years.

And used to be turned off via an option in "mce.ini". It can be done directly in UI.

You need to click <More options...> button in "General" tab of the UI.

Under <FO behavior> options, remove option <Enable nagging>

Oh.  :blush:

I guess I've been using MCE long enough now that I should have already known that, and now that you mention it, I did!  I already have nagging disabled.  My FSX installation has gotten so complex now that I don't know whether I'm coming or going.  Thanks FS++