Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Gear Door Lights Stay On

I'm totally new to the Dash8 and I'm following the videos from Airline2Sim, but I'm coming up with a difference between what I see in the videos and what happens in my cockpit.

Following the explained steps I see on the videos that the gear door lights are extinguished, but in my cockpit they are still illuminated. I thought I must have missed something, so I started from the top a couple of times, but I cant find anything wrong with following the steps and still the gear door lights stay illuminated. They are illuminated as soon as the power turns on the panel lights and stay on during the whole process.

Can it be I'm missing a step thats not mentioned in the videos? Or can this be a bug I should address to?

Since I'm not familiar yet with the aircraft or the procedures, some advise would be very helpful. :)

Cheers!

Maarten

Demious hello, no you're not missing something. The version of the Q400 has moved along since we shot the training. The current version models the hydraulics depressurising which causes the gear door open (yellow) lights to come on. In the real aircraft they should extinguish when you bring an engine online and the hydraulics pressurise. In the Majestic Dash sometimes they'll go off but for me they tend to stay on until the gear is up, which would ground you in the real one. My advice would be to keep loading the aircraft until they go out.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Ah ok, so nothing to worry about, thats what I wanted to know.

Thanks Ben! :)

Cheers!

Maarten