Sign in to follow this  
AlaskanFlyboy

Aussim Warrior - worth getting?

Guest davidvoogd

I've been looking at the Aussim Warrior, I've read the reviews, read afew posts, still want more evaluation, esp now that is has been out fora while.First - what does it offer that the Dreamfleet Archer doesn't (assidefrom being a Warrior and not an Archer - They are both PA-28's :().What do you think of the 2D panels - how good are the FD's, mainly dothey feel right? I don't care about flying on the numbers as much as itfeeling like a real airplane. How are the sounds? Are there any bigissues you have with it? Is there anything that sets this one apartfrom other addons? (Notice I didn't mention the model - lol it looksfine to me, I don't really stress exterior models as you do the flyinginside the plane :(, plus freeware models can look just as good aspayware, it's what's inside that counts for me).Basically, is it worth $30 CDN when I already have the Dreamfleet Archer, Carenado Cherokee 180 and Dakota?

Guest ponyboy

FYI - There's an in-depth review of it in the current issue of Computer Pilot magazine. Gives it very high marks.

Another review can be found here:http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/review/ausswarr.htmBasically the few cons I've found are:-Slight "cycling" of engine sound at high RPM / you can hear it's the same sound clip played over and over-Needs a LOT of nose-up trim on takeoff, way past the TO region unless you want to hold the yoke fully back to climb-While the panel-part of the VC is very detailed, other interior details like the seats, doors etc. are not as detailed as e.g. the Carenado PA28-180 or the new DF Bonanza.Other than that it's an excellent aircraft.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest delta_one

The aussim warrior is a nice package, very easy on frame rates - even in virtual cockpit view - and the instruments update smoothly. i also think that the vc interior is not as sharp or as detailed as carenado or dreamfleet aircraft, but you get two different panels for the two aircraft modelled, warrior l and warrior ll and there is a v1.2 upgrade currently in progress which will add some new features.

The real Warrior IIIs take a lot of nose up as well and still have you holding back on the yoke.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach