Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

CTD -- Out of the Clear Blue Sky

There I was, over 3 hours into a 4-1/2 hour flight KIAH-KSEA cruising along in a Continental 737-800 (PMDG) when, all of a sudden, FS9.1 wasn't there. Gone. :-mad No notice to send in an error report or anything. Just Pffffftt. All that was running then was Radar Contact 3.1, ActiveSky 2004.5, and the new AI seperation utility. This is very frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? What a pain to put that much effort into ..... nothing! :-hmmm

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Im sorry hear that has happend to you, It seems the CTD Bug is still with us, Of course it could be anything from a Bad AFCAD to a mesh addod who knows.All I Do know is that CTD's were not as bad in FS2002.I hope MS fix this problem somehow.Jason

There is a small applet that automatically saves your flight in progress. It will save it at any interval you wish (every 5 minutes, 1min, etc.), just quietly running in the background. That way if the unspeakable should happen again you can pop back right about where you left off.Of course I can't find the name of it now... but it's one of those nice little 'gems' that's a freebie. Do a search in utilities or someone else out there may know the name.

Visit the FSUIPC site, this utility is therehttp://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlGood Luck - I also think that CTD's are due to faulty AFCADS. I had a few of them, then I removed all my afcads, then slowly back in for some of them, now everything's all right - perhaps

Thanks, guys. I thought I had Autosave but it must have been deleted when I upgraded my OS. Got it now....