Sign in to follow this  
Lurk

747 Posky Self Shadowing

Hi,

I'm messing around with the excellent 747-400 from glorious Posky.

Seems to work great in DX10 (I've downloaded the package from rikooo.com).

I'm using the excellent Fixer (glorious? Hope not yet!), but I can't seem to get rid of an exterior shadow glitch on the entire fuselage as I look at the plane (FSX is a bit about voyeurism, isn't it?) from different angles. The entire aircraft is covered with shadows that occasionally flicker and don't relate in any way with sunlight direction. Only way to fix this so far seems to disable HD VC shadows from within the Fixer.

Does anybody have insight on this, or has anyone noticed the same problem on the Posky 747's. The download site I reported above clearly states it should be DX10 compatible, but maybe the Fixer's HD shadows introduce new problems on these still great freeware aircrafts. Other than this, they really look beautiful.

Happy flying!