Sign in to follow this  
Piper9t3

Initial Base Training Problem

I wanted to post a problem I am having with the Q400 when replicating the Initial Base Training at Birmingham EGBB.  I follow the exact procedures as explained in the Initial Base Training for EGNX but I am using the rwy15 ILS at EGBB.  Everything goes ok until final approach.  I get established on the LOC and GS and as I descend down my AP automatically disengages and the Q400 suddenly just spirals out of control?? It happened twice and cant understand why i am having this problem at EGBB as I was able to successfully complete the Initial Base Training at EGNX.  I am running P3Dv2.2 and using UK2000 EGBB scenery.

I realize I may have to post in the Majestic support forum but before I do I  was hoping if someone can try this scenario out and report back here if they were successful at landing the Q400. 

Thanks!

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

When you say disengages do you mean you hear the disconnect caution and it physically ploughs out of control or is it that the localizer and gs mode disconnects so it goes into pitch hold mode? The latter is very common on the earlier version of the Q400 and indeed you can see it happening twice on the approach to Gatwick.

They have worked on this problem and it's very rare to see in the current version. There are still occasional issues with glide slope placement but this is being worked on.

Is the aircraft recoverable from the dive? Are you sure you're not stalling or suffering from icing problems? The Dash will kill you in a heartbeat if you're trying to land with ice on the wings and get too slow.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

In my case the AP disconnect caution sounds and the plane physically ploughs out of control and is unrecoverable.  My approach speed was still above Vref and no icing issues.  I am using the latest Q400 update version 1.010.  I tried the circuit again today at EGBB and did not experience the problem? 

Gonna get into the Line Flight training and see how it goes....

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU