Sign in to follow this  
stufer

MCP combo panel mode switching question

Hello

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to disable the timer when using the mode switching function on the MCP Combo Panel from VRInsight please?

I would like to switch the mode (using the 6, 7 and 8 keys in the user programmable buttons section) and not have it switch back to the 1st mode at all unless I select it with those keys again. Is that possible?

Thanks very much in advance.

Stu.

Stuart Furley

I would like to switch the mode (using the 6, 7 and 8 keys in the user programmable buttons section) and not have it switch back to the 1st mode at all unless I select it with those keys again. Is that possible?

Hi Stu

The automatic mode switching you describe is hard-coded in one of the core LINDA lua files. For the Airbus FCU, this the time delay was increased from 10sec to 40secs in LINDA 2.0.7.  To change it you need a little knowledge of coding and should be undertaken with care.

First, you need to locate the following file /fsx/modules/linda/system/handlers-mcp2.lua and make a backup copy.

Secondly, open LINDA and open the LUA Editor (you will need to tick the developer mode and associate boxes in Setup LINDA).  Open the above handlers-mcp2.lua file.

Search for the line "-- Return EFIS to mode 1".  In the following code blocks you will see functions calls EFIS_MODE_one(), MCP_MODE_one() and USER_MODE_one().  Simply comment out these lines by entering 2 dashes (--) in front of each one.

Save the file and restart LINDA. The default modes will no longer reset automatically.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi ScotFlieger

Thanks so much for your help. I am just starting out with coding in Linda really but your instructions were very thorough. I have made the changes and my initial tests show it to work perfectly.

This is going to save a lot of frustration because I have things like engine start mapped to mode 2 for some aircraft which can take some time to complete and when it times back to mode 1 I can end up selecting the wrong functions. These changes will make things a lot easier - thanks again!

Cheers,

Stu.

Stuart Furley

Glad to help.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew