Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

Assigning Spoilers in FS2004

Hi,I'm using the saitek X52, and I'm trying to assign the spoilers to my "slider." I go into options/controls/assignments/joystick axis. I then select "spoiler axis." If I move the z-axis/throttle, everything works fine and I've assigned the throttle to the spoilers. Now if instead I move the "slider" on my throttle FS picks it up but in the game moving the slider does nothing. Also, if I move the rotary axis, when assigning the spoilers, FS picks up the rotary axis but then nothing happens in the game itself.Has anyone got any suggestions?Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi'I have my spoiler exis assigned to the slider, but before I can assign it, I have to make sure that I have a basic frofile loaded on the X52, so I made one with a few things such as the pinkie switch set to AVC voice transmit, then selected "profile now", and then the slider works when you select it in the joystick section of FS9,just do it as normal after activating a profile and then assign the slider to the spoiler axis.let me know if it works,for some unknown reason, a profile has to be loaded first, maybe it doesen't pick up that there is a slider until then.

Hi,I've loaded a very basic profile via "profile now" (I assigned F9 to trigger.)I then assigned the slider to the spoiler axis, then in FS the spoiler jumps to a mid position and then slider has no affect on spoiler position.I guess I'm doing something wrong, or have something configured wrong.

OK, a few things to check, make sure the slider is not assigned to anything at all in FS, then enable you're profile, and again, in the profile editor, make sure you do-not assign the slider to anything either,ok.then enter the controls>assignments>axis and try it again,but, be warned, sometimes on the ground it has a habit of poping up, so I use the rotary thumb wheel in front of the throttle lever thats usualy mouse button two on the MFD screen, and select this button as Spoiler up-down key assignment,then go back into FS9 and press this spoiler up-down button to close the spoilers fully, then take off the brakes and climb out on a test flight, now you should see that the slider does indeed act as a spoiler axix, it works well for me, as I can have the spoilers at full, or just poping up so to speak,try this, and let me know again how it goes,remember though, it's not un-common for the spoilers to pop up when parked up, but they will go down when you apply some throttle and start to move off,they come into their own when in flight.

Hi Steve,I found my problem, I had spoiler axis sensitivity at zero in the FS options, D'oh !BTW - I don't need to load a profile up to get FS registering the slider.I have also noticed the spoilers pop up on the ground, I guess an FS bug?Thanks for your help

>>I have also noticed the spoilers pop up on the ground, I guess>an FS bug?>Many aircraft have ground spoilers with some switch logic, such as main landing gear compression, that are designed to kill lift on the wing after landing. Autospoiler logic raises the ground spoilers automatically.scott s..