Sign in to follow this  
kimmo

T-Flight HOTAS - Slider for left/right brakes?

Hello everyone.

I was hoping a kind person could help me with a problem. I have the Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X and I would like to use the slider axis on the throttle for graduated application of left and right brakes in FSX, as shown:

NQBvixW.jpg

I tried using the Controls Settings in FSX to achieve this, but it will only let me map the axis to either left or right brakes and not both. I have FSUIPC, which I assume offers some way to split the axis between both. Is it possible? If so, any directions you can offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks!  :smile:

To answer your question partially, I would imagine you could do this thru FSUIPC but why would you want to?  How would you use both brakes at once with this set-up? On my HOTAS X  I have assigned rudder trim to this rocker button. 

To answer your question partially, I would imagine you could do this thru FSUIPC but why would you want to?  How would you use both brakes at once with this set-up? On my HOTAS X  I have assigned rudder trim to this rocker button. 

It's specifically for the Lotus L-39 which relies heavily on brakes for steering. At the moment I can brake left or right by twisting the stick left or right and using the trigger button to apply full left or right brakes. However, being able to use the slider would hopefully offer more control with analogue / graduated application of either brake. Do you know what I mean?

You're in uncharted territory for me.  I'm assuning you have no rudder pedals.

I would imagine that there is a way to do it in FSUIPC using offsets.  However I am not experienced enough to offer you specific advice.  All my FSUIPC settings are achieved via the "monkey see...  monkey do" methods.  Meaning I have researched the issue on various forums and only copied what seemed to work for other people.  Wish I could be of more assistance to you.

You're in uncharted territory for me.  I'm assuning you have no rudder pedals.

I would imagine that there is a way to do it in FSUIPC using offsets.  However I am not experienced enough to offer you specific advice.  All my FSUIPC settings are achieved via the "monkey see...  monkey do" methods.  Meaning I have researched the issue on various forums and only copied what seemed to work for other people.  Wish I could be of more assistance to you.

No rudder pedals unfortunately but I've been playing with FSUIPC and I nearly have it working. On the "Axis Assignment" tab I send the slider axis to FSUIPC Calibration with "Right Brake" and "Left Brake" selected and ticked.

glHKYnQ.jpg

I then move to the "Joystick Calibration" tab where I have set the left half of the slider's axis range to the left brake and the right half to the right brake. I was careful to leave a deadzone between the two, so both can't be detected at the same time. This is where I run in to problems; I can get the left toe brake to work perfectly (using the A2A Cherokee for testing), but the right refuses to work. I've tried ticking the "Rev" box and have played around with the various options but no luck yet!  :(

19S0Py7.jpg

I'm convinced there is a way to do it, but as of now I'm still stumped. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.