Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mazelda

first time update

Hi guys

Looking for a little advise on what would be better to do regarding the latest release.

I have downloaded the full installer for 2.3 but as I bought the product at v2.2 this is the first time I've had to update.So would it be better to do a complete uninstall of the whole program and addons and start from scratch or can I uninstall just p3d and then point to the scenery addons once v2.3 has been installed  I currently have all the orbx compatable stuff active sky and pilots mesh installed plus a couple of other payware things a2a and Q400 fsdt etc,

if I do a complete reinstall are there any files I should make a back up of first to help with the reinstall.

I'm going to wait a couple of days so that it all smooths out and any patching from developers are available,so not in a real rush

Thanks

Pete Little

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

17%
    $4,475.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now