Sign in to follow this  
fiftysix

My experience with P3D 2.3

After reading some of the posts regarding the patch and issues with installation, I was expecting myself to be in for a very long night of headaches.

Thus, not is the case much to my surprise. After following Rob's install guide, all is well. Thanks Rob for all your help and dedication!

Only issues I had with installation is that I had to manually add back my Orbx sceneries for the library. Once added, all working.

Well, so far my 1st impressions are nothing but wow!!

The performance is incredible, even on my humble PC I have never experienced  smooth performance as this. The feel of the clouds with the volumetric effect is much more immersive and real. Ground textures seem much sharper and no blurries. No more having to open up task manager to do the affinity tweaks.

Issues so far is the clouds still have that 'swing door' effect. When panning with trackIR they seem to zoom in and out over the terrain. Not a big issue but hope LM can address this in the next update.

Here are a couple of videos. My settings in the sim is with all graphics sliders to their max, Cloud density is max, road traffic at 20%. All shadows enabled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9QQXY666nE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRcKpTvjQW4

Clap clap clap clap.. .. Awesome! I was not Prepar3d for the lens effect..... LM well done!