Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Can't access sites - (NB. pl. note Mike, at Project Tupolev)

I've been having trouble over the past few days with sites that I cannot open - the browsers (IE or Firefox) time out in the end. As it happens both on my PC and my laptop, and all of my friends who use British Telecom as their ISP seem to have the same problem with the offending sites (e.g. www.avsim.ru - www.igfly.com - www.parliament.co.uk - to name just a few), whereas anyone with a different ISP has no problem at all, I don't think that the fault is with my PC. BT are investigating but are at a loss to say what is going on.I was posting fine on Project Tupolev (www.protu-154.com) until earlier this evening. Now it has been added to the growing list of sites that won't open to my PC or laptop. May be a problem with the server at the other end, but it would be a coincidence. Note, Mike, that as I can no longer get onto the site, my unread messages on the Tupolev forum may remain unread and unanswered for a while!Anyone else (especially anyome in the UK who uses BT as their ISP (ADSL 2MB)) have the same problem? Driving me nuts!!Martin

Guest mikealpha

Hi Martin,thanks for letting me now, I hope your ISP problems can get sorted out soon.Our site is down at the moment (Sat, 7 GMT), but it's a local problem on the server of the Provider. He's working on it.Mike

May be Mike then that my not being able to get onto the Tu site is just a coincidence, as you say there are problems your end. Hope so - I seem to spend half my online time there at the moment! I'll try again later today. I know there are at least 13 replies to my last post for help - hopefully none of them are abusive this time!! Martin :-)