Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

Calling all Trekkies USS Enterprise NCC1701-D add on fo...

Guest robve

I am in the middle of basic coding for an extensive add on for FS9, I call it Star-Fleet. It's basically a simulator version of The enterprise-D, Romulan warbird, Klingon Bird-of-prey and a Ferengi Marauder. The idea is to use the FS9 Earth as a platform, then depending on which 'side' you choose, you will be placed on your Home world. Qo'onos, Earth, Romulas or Ferengi. There will be shuttle craft to allow the user to leave orbit and explore their's or another planet. Multiplayer will be available and if a web-cam is being used than the command 'on screen' can be used to view other players in communications range, and speak to them. There will be a complete Sol sytem with all 9 planets and asteroid belt, All of which will be explorable to some extent as data from NASA has been collected for such a purpose. I do want to extend this add on so it will eventually include the ability to transport from ship to ship and ship to planet. There will also be in the future a Borg sphere and cube, A vulcan cruiser and hopefully if I can get the right schematics a cardassian battleship. All the correct weapons sytems will be available, as well as all the correct ships functions(except the more technical functions such as aligning the warp injectors, frame rate killer)Warp, impulse, photon torpedo's, phasers and shielding will all be modelled. However, as a programmer I understand and acknowledge the fact this will take at least two-three years to complete with a four-five man team. So here comes the begging! Are there any Star Trek fans out there who would long for the chance to command a starship, who can Model using G-max, Specialize in sound, and /or specialize in scenery mods? Or even VB/C++ programmers.(A little help in core module programming would be nice) This is a BIG project and will require alot of time and dedication, but will be worth it in the end. Star Trek fans are about to lose another series, so how about helping me keep the experience alive over the net.

Uhh, sounds ambitious and exciting, but how can a flight simulator which has a no ability to go beyond 65K feet or so, and no solar modeling pull this off?Enquiring Minds Gotta Know.Cheers,bt

Guest robve

The sun is a copy of FS9 earth as are all the planets. Well at least the basic coding, the rest I chop and change to create any planetoid or planet I want. As for space travel, you never actually travel in 'open' space, more like a tunnel or tube, this helps with frame rates and allows more 'objects' within your path or sensor range. Such as a model of starbase 72, or spacial phenomena such as nebula and black holes and space debris.

I used to see in book stores books of various starship diagrams for the series. Don't know if they are available for download.The effects of planetary gravity might have to be modeled somewhat as it affects orbiting and traveling ships and shuttles. In duplicating the earth planet as other planets, gravity scaling should also be applied. I imagine a slight bounce on landing ground surface aircraft could turn into a catastrophe elsewhere. Of course the starships dock in orbit so no problem there.However, consider orbital decay when it was necessary for the Enterprise to get close to a planetary surface (not landing) and suddenly they lost all power. I recall in one episode of TV or film where a "dead stick" landing occurred.