Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Video Card Upgrade to GTX 750 from GTX 465

When I first built my rig I put an EVGA GTX465 1024MB in it because it was on sale at the time and I had the intention of upgrading it down the road. Right now I am looking at the GeForce GTX 750 Video Card, 2048MB, DDR5, PCIe-16 because they are good value at the moment.

Here are my specs:

P6X58D-E / I7-950 / EVGA GTX465 1024MB / 6GB 1600mhz / Samsung 840 Series 500GB SSD / Win7-64

Would it be worth going up to the GTX 750 2048MB Video Card using my I7-950 3.06ghz processor or better to spend money on another area? I primarily use this rig for FSX and some other games like Truck Sim, Train Sim and Total War series.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

It's funny that you are asking about GTX750 - my PC is about 3 days old and this is exactly the card I got (with I3-4150).

I like the card but my simulation needs are so special and differ from your typical FSX/P3D/X-Plane users that unfortunately

I can't give you any advice or comparative data you could use but someone else no doubt will chime in.

I selected the card precisely because its tremendous value after some research.

Matthew,

A quick follow-up. Based on the game-debate website you may not be getting your money's worth upgrading from 465 to 750.

I like that site because they have a well established scoring system for different hardware and tell you what to expect and 

each video card/CPU, etc is surveyed well.

The major benefit of 750 over 465 seems to be that the former needs a lot less power - your PSU would be very happy :Applause:

Anyway, just looking at comparitive numbers for both cards I would have to say you should spend your $$ different way.