Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjoh

FS Real Time

I notice that the AVSIM library entry for the latest version of FS Real Time refers to it as "Shareware, time limited". The previous version released only quite recently still calls it donation ware. Just wondering if I will have to pay to continue using this utility (haven't donated because I only use the utility on the odd occasion when flying over multiple time zones and also because it doesn't always work on my system).Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest HeavyFan

I would like to know also! Would be ashame if another great program became Shareware!! MIKE:(

Guest mgerner

>I would like to know also! Would be ashame if another great>program became Shareware!! MIKE:(Don't know - I donated quite a while ago BECAUSE it is a great program... :)

The answer to your question; it is donationware for a set amount of time, when that time expires it will run on your system for a limited amount of time and then disconects and will not re-connect until you run a new session of MSFS.I did not like process, but I find FS RealTime such a great addon that I donated and I am very happy. I think we should all remember that these great little utilities that do so much for our enjoyment, do take time and effort. I don't have a problem donating to something that is very good.Bob

Is this innovation just with this release or earlier releases because with those I can find no reference in the doco to any time limitation only that you get nag messages to donate? If an erstwhile freeware developer wishes to charge for their endeavours well that is their right but I only have so much I can spend on FS and I have to weigh up carefully where the little I can afford goes. (I greatly appreciate the efforts of all those freeware developers that make our hobby so enjoyable).Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Have rolled back to v 1.67 and all is well.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett