Sign in to follow this  
Guest A321

Terrain.dll Problems

Whenever I try to access most UK airports FS9 stops loading at anyhtingbetween 9% and 13% and eventually gives a terrain.dll error. Having read a post in this Forum from a user with the same problem and the advice given to him by various members of this Forum I proceeded tocarry out the actions indicated below in sequential order.Scanned for bad bgls (none found)Checked for duplicate AFCAD files (none found) Removed temporarily all landclass files which I normally keep in theirown directory with no texture folder.Scanned the scenery.cfg file for duplicates. (none found)Checked the main scenery folder and BASE subdir but found nothing amiss.Removed temporarily all UK mesh and non default sceneries.Everytime I carried any of the above actions I restarted FS9 to check,but problem persisted until I removed all UK scenery folders, at whichpoint after restart FS9 seemed to work fine. I closed down FS9 one more time and restarted to make double sure and that's when the problem reappeared.I am absolutely baffled by this, and cannot understand what can be causingthis problem. How can this happen when there are no adddon sceneriesof any sort for the UK and everything is default? - The funny thing thoughis that sometimes loading works fine first time, but mostly not. I am notusing UK VFR scenery which I do have but dediced not to install.Having run out of ideas, I would appreciate any comments. Accessingother airports outside UK within FS9 is not a problem.Many thanksJB

Guest A321

I am Having the Exact same problem ... and its soo anoying me. What I have found is that if you have FSNavigator, you can start in say france, then slew the plane so its off the ground and use the "move Aircraft" to here function in FSNAV and move the plane to you UK airport. Stupid but its the only way and ofcourse does not always work.I wish MS would do something about this.Ive all but lost my way with FS2004 and the whole Sim thing due to the uncertinty of it CTD'ing on me half way through a flight.Jason

Install FS9 again. You can have more than one installation on a computer. See if the problem occurs on the new installation. If the error doesn't occur with the new installation then you have corrupted scenery in your original installation.If the new installation works, try adding your third-party UK sceneries "one-by-one", until you get an error. That way you can eliminate the troublesome scenery or mesh!