Sign in to follow this  
Chris Willis

Help-no more blue sky

Guest jettjokk

Hello all,I'm not sure what I did but now my sky is always white. No matter how I set weather-d/l real weather, clear all weather, even make sure there is no cirrus layer. There can be cumulus or cirrus clouds but still always above all clouds is this white sky. Tried different airports but it is the same everywhere.Does anybody know what I can do to fix this short of a complete reinstall? I had installed the new FS Sky World 2004 and it was set to Cumulus A set 1. I started getting bad frame rates suddenly so I deleted some texture files that I thought FSW had put into my texture folder.Can anyone help me put back the textures that give a blue sky? I have a complete saved version of FS9 from several months ago on another partition but I do not know which file(s) create a blue sky in say completely clear weather.Thanks for any help.DanS

Guest jettjokk

Chris, thanks for the prompt reply. You'll see I also posted at the FSW forum. I was being impatient. Thanks for all of the great suggestions. They pointed me to the solution. Sometimes I can be so stupid. It was your suggestion to clear all weather with FSUIPC. It wouldn't work and then I realized when I updated FSUIPC the other day I forgot to delete the fsuipc.ini file. I did that and all is well again-skies have colors again!I am also sorry to have suggested my frame rates drop came from FSW 2004. I do not really know why that happened, but with several different FSW 2004 cloud sets and a payware plane that is hard on the fps, the frame rates are back to normal-25-30 fps in cruise. DanS

Hi, these kind of issue can happend, since there is too much option in Msfs world.for better performance with clouds, use fswhifps.zip. It's normal you get fps drop with high detailed aircraft (32 bits etc) and default clouds resolution with dense weather complexity formation with dense slider on weather.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpgFreeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis